Each membership category has a specific dues structure. For more information, please contact the American Sportfishing Association at email@example.com, or call (703) 519-9691.
- Advocacy Group – A non-profit organization whose primary objective is the promotion of fishing or natural resource conservation.
- Allied Organization – A for-profit or non-profit organization with a mission or purpose related to the sportfishing industry.
- Allied Manufacturer – A company that does not produce fishing tackle but whose primary source of income comes from the production or private labeling of merchandise that may be used by anglers.
- Marine Manufacturer – A company whose primary source of income comes from the manufacturer of marine engines and/or boats.
- Media – A company whose primary source of income comes from fishing related print publishing, television, video or radio production. Also included are marketing, advertising and public relations firms.
- Non-voting Associate Member – Any individual, partnership or corporation that has a special interest in sportfishing and is not eligible for, or does not desire, regular membership including manufacturer representatives, charter boat companies or captains, consultants and benefit providers.
- Representative Agency – A company whose primary source of income comes from sales on behalf of a sportfishing industry manufacturer through a contractual agreement. Companies in this category may not be associated in any way with the production or private labeling of merchandise.
- Resource Agency – Any state or federal fish and wildlife or natural resource agency.
- Retailer – A company whose primary source of income comes from the operation of a fishing-related retail outlet including catalog, mail order or Internet transactions.
- Sportfishing Manufacturer – A company whose primary source of income comes from the production, private labeling, importing or exporting of products that are directly related to the act of fishing with production facilities in the United States and/or other countries. Also included are subsidiary companies and divisions that share common ownership with a parent manufacturing or private labeling company.
- Wholesaler – A company whose primary source of income comes from the resale of sportfishing merchandise to retail merchants. Wholesalers purchase and maintain inventory of fishing tackle and related products, other than their own private label; maintain a listing of products carried, either in print or electronically; and resell to stocking retailers not connected with the wholesale company.